About Craig & Rose Paints
This year we have proudly launched our ‘Superior range’ which is simply the most perfect paint you will ever find. This range of paints is the pinnacle of paint products manufactured solely in the UK, made from only the finest hand picked raw materials and handmade by our expert craftsmen. It has taken three years for us to launch this prestigious range, but we're confident that our commitment and dedication has led to us creating the best paint available on the UK market.
There is an initial palette of 72 perfect colours available to buy online, however we're able to work with customers to develop their own special 'Superior' colour at no extra cost.
In addition to our ‘Superior’ range of colours we also have our authentic period colours range, 1829. The range was launched in 2000 and features 100 authentic period colours researched using the company’s extensive historic archives. The range recreates colours from different historical periods including:
- Art Deco
- Georgian & Regency
- Ancient World
- Arts & Crafts Movement
All the colours are available in two specific finishes:
- Chalky Emulsion: a rich matt finish which mimics traditional distemper
- Acrylic Eggshell: a low sheen finish that is more environmentally sound than traditional oil gloss
The variations of finish mean that colours can be coordinated for both walls and woodwork.
The range also includes 12 luxurious Precious Metals paints, which can be used for embellishing both interior and exterior surfaces, such as cornicing, woodwork or metal
Launched in 2003, Opulence brings a collection of indulgent colours and decadent effects for every room in your house. The range includes finishes that invoke the senses, tactile to touch and pleasing to the eye.
This luxurious modern collection consists of:
- 15 Velvet Matt Emulsions
- 15 Sumptuous Satins.
- Six Soft Suede Textured effects ideal for creating a feature or subtle stencils.
- Five Pearlised Silks to create a gorgeous pearly sheen to woodwork, walls or even transform your furniture and accessories.
- Four Metallic Paints to add that ultimate touch of glamour
- Four Glitter Glazes and Shimmers to instantly make the room sparkle
Immerse yourself in colour and view the Opulence range
In addition to these we have a number of high performance Trade Products which are available online for the first time. The Craig & Rose Trade range includes Varnishes, Glazes, Primers and Decorative.
Craig & Rose Environmental Management
In 2007 Craig & Rose achieved ISO14001 environmental management accreditation. This means that we measure and monitor all our environmental impact and comply with all current UK legislation. Craig & Rose are committed to actively reducing its environmental impact year on year and work with a number of organisations to reduce waste, reduce the depletion of natural resources and more recently we have been undertaking a project to recycle paint which would otherwise end up in the UK waste stream.
Craig & Rose are always aware of our external stakeholders and have provided paint for various projects throughout the UK including the refurbishment of the Debra stores (debra.org.uk) throughout the UK and more recently the provider of paint for two projects under the Scottish National Heritage Trust whose aim is to look after Scotland’s nature, landscape and buildings. If you have a project that you would like to work with us, please contact us
Traditional Paint Forum
We are co-founders of the Traditional Paint Forum, a membership forum for discussing and promoting a better understanding and appreciation of traditional paint. The forums encourages:
- Practical research
- Development of industry skills and techniques
- Educating builders, conservators, craftsmen, designers, historians, journalists, property owners, architects, surveyors, etc. through lectures, demonstrations, publications and courses
- Developing contacts with institutions and individuals who have relevant experience or knowledge