Create the natural look and texture of stone by using Stone Effect on interior walls and architectural features. Stone Effect is available in three colours: European Stone, Charcoal Stone and Castaway Stone.
Pefect for feature walls inliving rooms or bedrooms. Please note that Stone Effect is not suitable for high wear situations, wet areas or absorbent surfaces.
- Remove loose or flaking paint. Fill cracks or holes with a filler and sand smooth.
- Lightly abrade any silk, satin or glossy painted surfaces before painting over.
- Clean and dust off surfaces before painting.
- Treat any existing mould by scrubbing with a scouring pad and bleach solution (1 part bleach to 3 parts water). Leave solution on the surface for 15 minutes then wash with clean water and wipe dry.
- Bare or porous surfaces will require sealing with Craig & Rose 1829 All Purpose Undercoat. Note that a clear coat may change the appearance of the effect.
- Brush: High quality wide synthetic brush
- Roller: Medium pile (18mm) synthetic roller
- Masking tape
- A paint stirrer and drop sheet
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, oils and grease.
- To ensure evenness of colour, pour all cans of your chosen effect paint into a clean dry container.
- Stir paint thoroughly to ensure even distribution of effect particles.
- Before you begin, test your chosen application method on a large piece of board.
- Requires two coats to achieve the desired effect - Note that this paint lightens in colour as it dries.
- Working in small sections, apply paint with a brush to areas not accessible with a roller.
- The first coat can be applied with a brush or roller.
- The second or final coat must be applied with a wide brush in a random brushstroke action to achieve the stone effect. Make sure to overlap brushed areas to achieve an even effect.
- Recoat: 4 hours, depending on conditions. Touch dry: 2-4 hours..
- Temperature must be above 5°C during application and drying. Under more humid conditions allow longer time for drying
- Avoid exposure to steam and condensation for 48 hours.
- Clean brushes and equipment with water.
- Store leftover paint in dry conditions (avoid extreme conditions).
- Caring for your paint work: Avoid exposure to steam and condensation for 48 hours. The effects can be gently cleaned with a cloth that has been dampened with a detergent solution. Avoid forceful contact. Do not scrub.