Our Craig & Rose Artisan Marble Effect paint gives you an elegant black or white marble look. This eye catching effect can easily be applied to give new life to items throughout the home.
1. Before you begin your project you will require the following items:
- a serving tray
- 1 can of Craig & Rose Artisan Marble Effect White
- 1 can of Craig & Rose Artisan High Performance Enamel Black
- 1 can of Craig & Rose Artisan Clear Coat Semi Gloss
- 1 roll of good quality painters tape
- a damp cloth
- a dust sheet or newspaper
- a lazy Susan
2. Mask the areas of your tray you want to remain unpainted with good quality painters tape. Some lacquered timber finishes will need to be primed with one coat of Craig & Rose Artisan Undercoat. If you are unsure, it’s best to prime with Craig & Rose Artisan Undercoat to eliminate any adhesion issues.
3. Once your undercoat is dry, apply 2 coats of Craig & Rose Artisan High Performance Enamel Black following instructions and drying times on the label.
4. To achieve a realistic marble look, Craig & Rose Artisan Marble Effect should be applied with quick hand movements from multiple directions at least 25cm away from the tray. Every marble finish will be unique so don’t think too hard about the pattern you are spraying.
Application tip - Craig & Rose Artisan Marble Effect is applied similar to silly string. When painting your item, ensure you start the spray off the edge so that the spray is even before it hits your item.
5. Once your tray has dried, remove the tape and spray the entire tray with Craig & Rose Artisan Clear Semi-Gloss.
6. Enjoy your new one-of-a-kind serving tray!
Ready to plan a project? Explore our spray paints, order a colour card or find your nearest stockist.