For Consumers Only
- When you purchased our products and services either online, by telephone or in-store, you agreed to our terms and condition of sale which created a contract with us. Our terms and conditions of sale can be found at https://www.craigandrose.com/terms-of-sale. If you wish to return the product or cancel the service you have ordered, you are, in fact, ending the contract with us.
- You are entitled to end your contract and request for a refund if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 30 days after the day on which you receive the products whether you have purchased online, telephone or in-person from our stores.
- Your right to return a product or cancel service does not apply to goods or services that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which because of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods or services are faulty or not as described.
1. Your Rights to Make Changes
You can change your order before the delivery. If you wish to make a change to the product or service you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
2. Your Rights to Return the Product
You can end your contract with us and return the product. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing, when you decide to end the contract and return the product: -
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back) and request for a refund or replacement, see section 8 (Your rights in respect of defective products);
- If you want to return the product because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see section 3 (Returning product because of something we have done or are going to do);
- If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see section 4 (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period of our generous 30 days, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods and service; and
- If you have purchased the product from our store directly and you have changed your mind about the product, see section 7 (How long do consumers have to change their minds?).
3. Returning product because of something we have done or are going to do.
If you are returning a product for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products or services which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or our new proposed terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that the supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 14 days; or
- you have a legal right to return the product because of something we have done wrong.
CONSUMER CONTRACTS REGULATIONS 2013
4. Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a consumer.
If you are a consumer then for most products and services bought online or by telephone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
5. Our Goodwill Guarantee for Consumers.
Please note, these terms reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by us to its UK consumer, this is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights concerning faulty or misdescribed products:
Right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
How our Goodwill Guarantee is more generous
14 days period to change your mind.
30 days period to change your mind for the product.
30 days period to change your mind for service.
Consumer to pay costs of return.
Unless we agree to pay, the consumer will pay costs of return.
6. When do you have as a consumer the right to change your mind. Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- any products that you have asked us to colour match with your preferred colour (e.g. Craig & Rose Durable range not part of our existing durable colour offer and tinted in store).
- Our services, once these have been completed or started, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
7. How long do you have as a consumer to change your mind?
If you are a consumer how long you have to change your mind depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
(a) Have you bought services (for example, our Colour Consultancy)?
If so, you have 30 days after the day we provide (by email or other form) you with confirmation we accept your order. However, once we have completed or started the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you have cancelled after we have started the services (including any third-party cost), you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
(b) Have you bought goods (for example, Paint or any other Decorative Accessory) either online or telephone or in-person from the store?
if so you have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case, you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery.
- Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period. In this case, you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
8. If there is a problem with the product?
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 01383 740 011 or contact us at https://www.craigandrose.com/contact. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015
9. Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a consumer.
If your product is goods, for example paint, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 we would supply the goods as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you are entitled to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
If your product is services, for example a design or consultancy service, you can ask us:
- To repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- If you haven't agreed on a price beforehand, we will be fair and reasonable on price.
- If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, we will carry out the service within a reasonable time.
10. How to return a product or cancel service.
Tell us if you want to return the product or cancel the service. To return the product or cancel the service with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01383 740 011 or contact us at https://www.craigandrose.com/contact. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order (including order number or receipt number) and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- By in store. Speak to one of our staff in the store where you have purchased the product or service and our staff can advise you as to whether we can accept your return or cancellation request. If we accept, we will process a refund for you. Please note all online orders must be requested through phone or email above.
11. When we will pay the costs of return.
We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; and
- if you are returning the product because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
12. What we charge for collection.
If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. We charge you £4.95 for a standard return cost or the costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery. If the delivery was free of charge, you are still liable to pay us for the standard returning cost.
13. How we will refund you.
If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products excluding delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
14. When we may make a deduction from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (including delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have unacceptably handled them, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- If we agree to refund the delivery cost, the maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the product.
15. When your refund will be made.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 7 working days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For more information, please see section for how to return a product to us.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 10 working days of your telling us you have changed your mind.